≡ Menu

Montana Highlights

Jake and I spent the past week visiting some good friends out in Montana. They moved away from Wisconsin about a year ago, and needless to say, it was so great to have so much time to catch up with them while enjoying all that north-central / northwest Montana has to offer. Also, the only trips Jake and I had taken in 2016 prior to Montana were a 5-day stint in Iowa to visit his grandparents (which was good but tough) and a couple days in the Wisconsin Dells and Minneapolis before Jake took his oral boards in Rochester, MN (which was only as much fun as traveling can be before a huge test). So not surprisingly, this trip was much needed.

It had been nearly four years since Jake and I had taken a trip where we stayed with friends. I wouldn’t want to crash with friends for every vacation, but it’s so great sometimes. Staying at someone’s house and eating simple breakfasts in the morning or enjoying a home cooked dinner after a long day of hiking or sightseeing while traveling is really nice.

Montana August 2016Montana August 2016

Montana August 2016Montana August 2016

Where we went:

{ 7 comments… add one }
  • Natasha August 17, 2016, 12:30 pm

Wow – It looks like such a cool place! I’ve never even been anywhere remotely close to Montana. Those mountains look amazing, and I love the shot of the sun through the trees.

• Rose August 17, 2016, 1:33 pm

For sure! I had never been to that area of the country before either, and the terrain is amazing. Lots of rolling hills, mountains, and pine trees. Thanks!

• D. Renée Wilson August 18, 2016, 10:05 am

What a gorgeous landscape! I’ve never been to Montana. I agree with Natasha, the lens flare in those trees is great!

• Edi August 19, 2016, 11:00 am

What a great time of year to see Montana! We’ve been in the winter, but I’d love to see it all green and colorful!
    So glad you and Jake could get away for a nice vacation with friends 🙂

• Pamela August 20, 2016, 6:14 pm

I have heard that Montana is a beautiful to visit and/or live. Judging by your beautiful photo’s – it looks so serene and peaceful. You must have had a wonderful time there. Thank you for sharing your photos.

• Judy Nolan August 21, 2016, 8:45 pm

These photos are incredible! I’ve never been to Montana before, but these photos make me want to visit.

• BeadedTail August 22, 2016, 6:54 pm

Beautiful photos Rose! I’ve never been to Montana but would love to visit one day. I have a friend in Superior, MT that I want to visit and of course then see the sights. Thanks for sharing your photos!