I’m so excited to be sharing the Ultimate Photography Bundle 2018 with you today. I purchased my first Ultimate Bundle in 2016 and have been a huge fan of Ultimate Bundles ever since. My initial purchase was the first ever photography bundle. Among many other fantastic resources, it included Pinch of Yum’s Tasty Food Photography. I’d wanted to read Tasty Food Photography for a while and had never bitten the bullet. For the full retail price of Tasty Food Photography and one, maybe two, other resources, I got 36 resources, including ebooks, videos, and Photoshop actions.
There is no question that the first photography bundle was a fantastic value. In the last couple of years as Ultimate Bundles have gained massive popularity, the bundles have reached a whole new level. The Ultimate Photography Bundle 2018 features 26 ebooks, 21 ecourses, 1 membership site, and 10 tools. For $97, you get content valuing $5,030.63.
Why should I spend $97 on photography resources? I have a smartphone with a great camera.
Having a great camera will help you take better pictures. It does not make you a better photographer. If you gave me YoYo Ma’s cello, I wouldn’t play like YoYo Ma because I don’t know anything about playing the cello. Yes, he has a fabulous cello, but the cello itself doesn’t make me a good musician. Photography works the same way. It’s a skill that requires practice.
With that being said, I truly believe that photography is a skill that anyone can learn. Reading up on the best tricks and tools of the trade and then getting out there and applying them will significantly improve your photography. It does take time, but the results are worth every bit of the effort.
Do I need a DSLR to benefit from the Ultimate Photography Bundle 2018 resources?
No, you don’t need a DSLR! There are resources in the bundle for all types of photographers from hobbyist smartphone photographers to professional DSLR photographers.
- How to Organize and Enjoy Your Personal Photos. I’ll be honest: for years, my photo storage was a huge mess. I would routinely dump three month’s worth of photos into a single folder called something like “Summer 2017.” All of the photos would have their original names (i.e. IMG_0128). It was all but impossible to find anything. Developing an organization system saves you so much time and stress, allowing you to find old images in seconds.
- A Mom’s Guide to Better Photos: A Beginning Photography Class for Moms With Any Type of Camera. (a $99 value!) A Mom’s Guide to Better Photos consists of 10-15 minute lessons, with about three hours of instruction time total. Meg covers issues so many moms face when taking pictures of their kids, such as blurry action shots and grainy indoor holiday photos. She also has tips for working with kids and idea to move your photos beyond snapshots into storytelling.
There are also a number of resources geared specially toward smartphone photographers. Whether you shoot exclusively with a smartphone or would like to take better pictures of family and friends on the go with your smartphone, improving your smartphone photography proves invaluable.
- The iPhone Photography Course for Parents. This self-paced online course covers everything you need to know about the basics of photography composition and lighting, all tailored to iPhone shooting. You’ll learn fantastic tips you can put into practice immediately, like maximizing the potential of window light and making eyes “pop” in portraits.
- Beyond Snapshots: Mastering Mobile Photography. Rebecca covers photography basics as well as more fun skills, such as creating silhouette photos.
- Fabulous Phone Photography. Karen takes you through the entire process of mobile photography from choosing settings to creating compositions to editing your images.
I do own a DSLR, but I have no idea what I’m doing because I don’t know where to start. Is the Ultimate Photography Bundle 2018 just geared at professional photographers?
The Ultimate Photography Bundle 2018 is geared toward photographers of all levels. I’m going to take the guesswork out of it for you and offer my top suggestions to help you master your new DSLR.
- SimpleSLR Hands-On Photography Training. Andy Lim takes you through straightforward exercises to learn camera modes, focusing, depth of field, white balance, and more.
- Love Your Camera: Photography Instruction to Learn, Master, and Love Your Camera. Love your camera is a comprehensive ecourse and ebook with 8 course modules, 3+ hours of video instruction, cheat sheet PDFs, and a 65 page downloadable PDF, aimed at reaching multiple learning styles. It’s intended to help you embrace DSLR photography, so you can capture life’s most precious moments forever.
- Explore With Your Camera Video Series. Reading ebooks is great, but there is nothing like a video series to put photography tips into action right before your eyes. You get recommendations for manual mode camera settings to create certain effects, such as background blur, starbursts, and silky smooth water.
I do own a DSLR and have tons of experience with Lightroom and Photoshop. Is the Ultimate Photography Bundle 2018 just resources for beginners?
The Ultimate Photography Bundle 2018 has something for everyone. If you’re ready to move beyond the basics, consider purchasing the Ultimate Photography Bundle 2018 for the following resources.
- The Ultimate Guide to Long Exposure Photography. Christian Hoiberg covers equipment, preparation in the field, shutter speeds, and filters. He also has a few case studies, breaking down the specs for different long exposure scenerios (i.e. sunrise over the lake, golden hour waterfalls).
- Timelapse Photography: A Complete Introduction. Timelapse Photography is a complete introduction to shooting, processing, and rendering timelapse movies with a DSLR camera. Over 150 pages, Ryan Chylinski covers gear, image settings, shooting, software, troubleshooting, and more.
- Simple SLR Portrait Lighting Guide. Andy Lim covers all of the basics of harnessing light to create stunning, professional portraits. He provides detailed information about equipment, setup, and flash and camera settings.
What are your favorite Ultimate Photography Bundle 2018 resources?
Personally, thus far, the resource that I’ve gotten the most out of from the Ultimate Photography Bundle 2018 is the pre-sets. There are six different preset packages included, totalling over 500 presets. Needless to say, the presets alone are worth the price of the bundle. Here’s one of my favorite edits with the new pre-sets.
Tomorrow I’ll be sharing a separate post with more edits with the new presets, including full details about each edited image. Make sure to stop back for that post!
The Ultimate Photography Bundle 2018 is available February 26-March 2. Once the sale is over, the bundle is gone forever, so don’t wait to purchase your copy. In addition to the wealth of amazing presets, the bundle includes 26 ebooks, 21 ecourses, one membership site, and five bonus credits/free trials.
If you purchase the Ultimate Photography Bundle 2018, I’ll send you a FREE copy of my ebook: Jewelry and Other Small Item Product Photography: Tips, Tricks, and Advice to Help You Take Stellar Product Photos. Email your receipt to randomcreative28 at gmail dot com with the subject “Ultimate Photography Bundle 2018,” and I’ll send over my ebook.
Are you a blogger interested in promoting the Ultimate Photography Bundle 2018 and other Ultimate Bundles?
Joining the Ultimate Bundles affiliate team gives you first access to Ultimate Bundles and a wealth of resources for promoting the bundles, including banners, link & swipe copy, and social media promotion. It’s absolutely free to become an affiliate. Sign up today!
[Disclaimer: I purchased my copy of the Ultimate Photography Bundle 2018 at a discounted price through the Ultimate Bundles affiliate team. I receive a commission on all Ultimate Bundle purchases and new affiliate signups. All opinions about Ultimate Bundles content and the affiliate program are 100% my own. Thanks for your support!]