Free printable vintage autumn postcards make simple, beautiful seasonal home decor. They’re also ideal for art/junk journals, decoupage, and numerous craft projects.
I’ve created a collection of eight free printable vintage postcards, all featuring stunning autumn scenes with vivid fall foliage. The hand-drawn illustrations on antique postcards are so unique and unlike anything available today. I also love the linen texture of the postcards in this collection.
Vintage postcards make easy seasonal wall art, perfect for any budget. They can also be used for an extensive range of DIY projects, including but not limited to, scrapbooks, art/junk journals, prayer/spiritual journals, decoupage, greeting cards, magnets, stationery, pendant necklaces, gift tags, and tile coasters.
Printable vintage autumn postcard sizes
I’ve made the printable postcards available in three sizes, which are as follows.
- Original size (3.5″ x 5.5″). All of the fall postcards are standard size, which is 3.5″ x 5.5.” Downloading the postcards in their original size provides maximum creative control to crop and format the images as needed for personalized wall decor and craft projects of your choosing.
- 4×6. I’ve formatted the autumn postcards in original size with white borders, which enables easy 4×6 printing. Through personal experience, I’ve found that this is the best way to print them in a widely available print size.
- 8×10. I’ve also formatted the fall postcards to 8×10 orientation. I know that many people have arrived at this post in search of free printable autumn wall art in 8×10 size to display in frames. Similarly, the 8×10 formats have white borders. It’s the easiest way to create an 8×10 format that works in frames with and without mats without compromising the ratio of the image.
I have a comprehensive guide explaining the various download sizes I offer for my vintage postcards. It will help you select the best sizes for framing and DIY purposes. If you have any questions, don’t hesitate to ask!
Following the individual postcard downloads, I also have the following downloads available.
- A set of 8.5″ x 11″ pages for convenient printing. I’ve made a set of three 8.5″ x 11″ pages with two or three postcards per page. This collection of pages makes it quick and easy to print the full set of postcards at home or via your favorite printing service without printing each postcard individually.
- A set of ATC-size digital collage sheets. ATC-sized crops (2.5″ x 3.5″) are intended for artist trading cards. They also work well for an extensive range of craft projects where you’d prefer more detailed images as opposed to full postcards, such as magnets, gift tags, and pendant necklaces.
- A set of journal tags. Journal tags (2.5″ x 4.2″) are intended for art/junk journals and other types of scrapbooking. Of course, they can also be used for just about any type of DIY project imaginable.
The postcards, 8.5″ x 11″ pages, ATC digital collage sheets, and journal tags are all 300 dpi to guarantee the highest print quality possible.
Would you like additional formats or digital collage sheets? Just ask! I’m happy to make resources tailored to your specific craft projects and framing needs.
About the free printable vintage autumn postcards
You may download and print the postcards, 8.5″ x 11″ pages, digital collage sheets, and journal tags as many times as you wish for personal use, which includes classroom use. You may use all of the images for limited runs (5,000 items or less) of physical items to sell. This DOES NOT include made to order sites, such as CafePress and Zazzle.
You may also use the images for limited runs (5,000 items or less) of digital items to sell. You may not sell any of the images themselves individually or as part of larger collections. The items you sell must consist of original content using the images.
Additionally, please don’t distribute the download files. If friends, family, or co-workers are interested in vintage autumn postcards, collage sheets, or journal cards, please provide them with a link to this post, so they can download their own files. Thank you for your support!
Please note: The low-resolution previews in this post are purely intended for preview purposes. They work well for sharing on social media. They are not intended for printing. Use the download links to access the high-resolution images. Using the download links also ensures you’ll get the size(s) you want for the postcards.
Free printable vintage autumn postcards
The postcard features a gorgeous fall setting with reflections in a mountain stream.
The postcard showcases a stunning mountain waterfall location in mid-autumn.
The postcard highlights a mountain stream in autumn. The postcard boosts “when nature paints a perfect picture,” which couldn’t be more fitting.
The postcard showcases a road winding through the multicolored mountains during the fall season.
A lovely autumn scene in Fairfield, Illinois with cows grazing by water under multicolored fall trees.
A sweet fall scene in Sebring, Ohio with a river with multicolored autumn trees on either side of it.
The postcard features a mountainside theater in autumn on a Cherokee Indian reservation in Cherokee, North Carolina.
The postcard showcases the chimney tops at the height of the fall season in Great Smoky Mountains National Park.
8.5″ x 11″ pages
I’ve created three 8.5″ x 11″ pages with two or three postcards per page for convenient printing. You can print all of the autumn postcards quickly and easily at home or through your favorite printing service without having to print each card individually.
ATC-size digital collage sheets
The ATC ZIP folder contains two 8.5″ x 11″ pages with 16 ATC-size images from the vintage autumn postcards collection. Ideal for artist trading cards and DIY projects!
I’ve created 12 journal tags from the vintage autumn postcards collection. In addition to art/junk journals and scrapbooks, they’re perfect for an extensive range of DIY projects. Each tag measures 2.5″ x 4.2″ (750 x 1250 pixels). I’ve made the tags available in their original PNG format for maximum creative control. I’m also offering them on two 8.5″ x 11″ pages for easy printing.
I explain how to extract and download the ZIP folders in my vintage dictionary pages post. This link takes you right to the directions you need.
Are you displaying the vintage autumn postcards or using them for art/junk journals or other DIY projects?
I want to see your home decor and craft projects! Tag your images #RoseClearfield on Instagram or Twitter or post a photo to my Facebook page.