Free printable vintage winter postcards are ideal for quick, beautiful seasonal home decor. They’re also perfect for art/junk journals, decoupage, and numerous DIY projects.
I’ve created a collection of 11 free printable vintage postcards, all featuring striking snow-covered winter scenes. The hand-drawn illustrations on antique postcards are one-of-a-kind and unlike anything available today. I also love the linen texture of many of the postcards in this collection.
The postcard set features a handful of famous locations in winter, such as Washington D.C. and Niagara Falls, as well as a few lesser known locations and timeless forest winter scenes.
Vintage postcards make easy wall decor, perfect for any budget. They can also be used for a wide array of craft projects, including but not limited to, art/junk journals, prayer/spiritual journals, scrapbooks, greeting cards, decoupage, stationery, magnets, pendant necklaces, gift tags, and tile coasters.
Printable vintage winter postcard sizes
I offer the printable postcards in three sizes, which are as follows.
- Original size (3.5″ x 5.5″). All of the winter postcards are standard size, which is 3.5″ x 5.5.” Downloading the postcards in their original size provides full creative control to crop and format the images as needed for the custom wall art and DIY projects of your choosing.
- 4×6. I’ve formatted the winter postcards in original size with white borders, which enables straightforward 4×6 printing. Through personal experience, I’ve found that this is the best way to print them in a readily available print size.
- 8×10. I’ve also formatted the winter postcards to 8×10 orientation. I know that many readers are here looking for free printable winter wall decor to display in 8×10 frames. Similarly, the 8×10 formats have white borders. It’s the easiest way to create an 8×10 format that works in frames with and without mats without drastically changing the original ratio of the image.
I have a comprehensive guide explaining the various download sizes I offer for my vintage postcards. It will help you select the best sizes for framing and DIY purposes. If you have any questions, don’t hesitate to ask!
Following the individual postcard downloads, I also have the following downloads available.
- A set of 8.5″ x 11″ pages for easy printing. I’ve made a set of 8.5″ x 11″ pages with two or three postcards per page. This collection of pages makes it so simple to print the full set of winter postcards at home or via your favorite printing service without printing each postcard individually.
- A set of ATC-size digital collage sheets. ATC-size crops (2.5″ x 3.5″) are intended for artist trading cards. They also work well for numerous DIY projects where you’d rather have more detailed images instead of full postcards, such as gift tags, magnets, and pendant necklaces.
- A set of journal tags. Journal tags (2.5″ x 4.2″) are intended for art/junk journals and other sorts of scrapbooking. Of course, you can use them for just about any type of craft project.
The postcards, 8.5″ x 11″ pages, ATC digital collage sheets, and journal tags are all 300 dpi to ensure the highest print quality possible.
Would you like other formats or digital collage sheets? Don’t hesitate to ask! I’m happy to create additional resources tailored to your specific DIY projects and framing needs.
About the free printable vintage winter postcards
You may download and print the postcards, 8.5″ x 11″ pages, digital collage sheets, and journal tags are many times as you like for personal use, which includes classroom use. You may use all of the images for limited runs (5,000 items or less) of physical items to sell. This DOES NOT include made to order sites, such as Society6 and CafePress.
You may also use the images for limited runs (5,000 items or less) of digital items to sell. You may not sell any of the images themselves individually or as part of larger collections. The items you sell must consist of original, finished content using the images (i.e., not Photoshop files).
Additionally, please don’t distribute the download files. If family, friends, or co-workers are interested in vintage winter postcards, collage sheets, or journal tags, please send them a link to this post where they can download their own files. Thank you for your support!
Please note: The low-resolution previews in this post are purely intended for preview purposes. They work well for sharing on social media. They are not intended for printing. Using the download links ensures you’ll get high-resolution images in the size(s) you want.
Free printable vintage winter postcards
Holy Hill Basilica in the winter. I have an entire set of postcards featuring beautiful Holy Hill.
Northwood School for Boys at Lake Placid Club in the Adirondacks, Lake Placid, NY.
Washington and Lee University in Lexington, VA in the winter time. I love that this image also features the moon in the night sky.
A winter scene of the American Falls at Niagara Falls, NY. I have an entire set of Niagara Falls vintage postcards.
Another perspective of the American Falls at Niagara Falls, this time from the Maid of the Mist landing.
The ski lodge in Alta, Utah, a town near Salt Lake City known for its skiing.
Traveling through the San Bernardino Mountains in winter on the Rim of the World Scenic Byway. The 110-mile route runs along the rim of the California mountain range from Cajon Pass to San Gorgonio Pass.
Virginia’s natural bridge in winter. This National Historic Landmark is the gateway to the beautiful historic Cedar Creek Trail.
The U.S. Capitol Building in Washington D.C. in the winter. The dome is framed by beautiful snow-covered branches.
A timeless winter woods scene.
Another classic winter forest scene.
8.5″ x 11″ pages
I’ve created four 8.5″ x 11″ pages with two or three postcards per page for simple printing. You can print all of the winter postcards quickly and easily at home or through your favorite printing service, eliminating the need to print each card individually.
ATC-size digital collage sheets
The ATC ZIP folder contains two 8.5″ x 11″ pages with 17 ATC-size images from the vintage winter postcards collection. Perfect for artist trading cards and DIY projects!
Please note: The preview pages above have black outlines because it gets confusing having so much white space. The digital collage sheet downloads don’t have black borders.
I’ve created 11 journal tags from the vintage winter postcards collection. In addition to art/junk journals and scrapbooks, they’re ideal for numerous craft projects. Each tag measures 2.5″ x 4.2″ (750 x 1250 pixels). The journal tags ZIP folder contains two 8.5″ x 11″ pages with the tags for easy printing.
Please note: Again, the preview pages have black outlines. The 8.5″ x 11″ page downloads don’t have black borders.
I explain how to extract and download the ZIP folders in my vintage dictionary pages post. This link takes you right to the directions you need.
Are you displaying the vintage winter postcards or using them for art/junk journals or other DIY projects?
I want to see your wall art and craft projects! Tag your images #RoseClearfield on Instagram or Twitter or post a photo to my Facebook page.
Pin this post for easy access to the free printable vintage winter postcards as well as ATC cards and journal tags later!
More free printable postcards:
Head to the free printables section of the blog for even more vintage postcards and other vintage printables, including sheet music and book pages.