Free printable summer recipe cards are ideal for summer bridal showers and baby showers as well as gift giving.
Recipe cards make a perfect gift for all sorts of occasions, including but not limited to, bridal showers, baby showers, Father’s Day, housewarming parties, and birthdays. I’ve created 12 free printable summer recipe card designs for all of your summer showers and other gift giving purposes.
How can I use the free printable summer recipe cards?
- For summer baby or bridal showers. I know that most of you are reading this post because you’re planning a summer bridal or baby shower. Putting together a collection of favorite recipes is a fun shower activity that creates a meaningful gift for the bride- or mom-to-be. Include recipe cards in the invitations, so guests can bring their completed cards to the shower.
- As part of a Father’s Day or birthday gift. There are numerous occasions to make recipe gifts for family and friends, including birthdays and Father’s Day.
- As part of a food gift. When you’re bringing someone a homecooked meal after they’ve had a baby, are recovering from surgery, are grieving, or have moved recently, it’s often nice to include the recipe. Providing the recipe on a custom recipe card adds a sweet touch to the gesture.
- For a dinner club or potluck dinner. Similarly, when you’re bringing a dish to a dinner party or potluck and you know people will want the recipe, it’s nice to come prepared with a few copies.
- To document your own summer recipes. I’ll be honest: one reason I share original recipes on this blog is for my own records. It’s crazy how easy it is to lose track of recipes or forget how to make a dish, even when it’s one that your whole family enjoys. Having fun summer recipe cards on hand will help motivate you to keep writing down your recipes.
About the summer recipe cards
The free printable summer recipe cards are for personal use only. You may download and print them as many times as you like for shower activities, gift-giving, and other personal uses. You aren’t authorized to use the designs for commercial purposes. Please don’t distribute the files. If friends or family are interested in recipe cards, please send them a link to this post, so they can download their own files. Thank you!
I’ve included black borders on the preview images, as it gets confusing having so much white space. The recipe cards don’t have black borders. The preview files are low-resolution and not necessarily formatted to the card size you need. Please don’t save the preview files and attempt to print with them. Use the download links to ensure your recipe cards are properly formatted for 3×5 or 4×6 cards.
Free printable summer recipe cards
Sunflower in vase
Download all of the free printable summer recipe cards at once!
>> [Summer Recipe Cards – Full Set – 3×5] <<
>> [Summer Recipe Cards – Full Set 4×6] <<
Grab the entire set of summer recipe cards in the size of your choosing, all in one convenient folder!
I explain how to extract and download the ZIP folders in my free vintage dictionary page printables post. The link takes you right to the directions you need.
Printing the recipe cards
Most recipe card boxes are sized for 3×5 or 4×6 cards. The sizing makes it extremely easy to print your own cards because you can use any blank 3×5 or 4×6 index cards. Confirm that you’re buying blank, not lined, cards. Every big box store and big box office supply store carries 100-card packs of blank index cards. I’m providing links here if you’re interested in purchasing larger quantities online.
What if my printer doesn’t have a setting for 3×5 or 4×6 printing?
I give directions for adding a custom paper size to just about any standard home printer in my DIY easy candle birthday cards post. They’re under the inkjet- or laser-printed “happy birthday” message section.
I imagine that most people using the free printable summer recipe cards will print out their cards and fill in the recipes by hand. There’s nothing quite like a handwritten recipe.
However, I also love the flexibility that you get with printable recipe templates to fill in the recipes on the computer before printing the cards. You can customize the fonts, colors, and spacing just the way you want. You can even share your filled out cards electronically, making it quick and easy to share beloved recipes in a beautiful, printer-friendly format. Send recipes all over the country or even the world in just a few minutes.
Complete your recipe gift with a recipe box!
Are you interested in a personalized box?
My friend Edi of memoriesforlifesb on Etsy offers a selection of customized, engraved wooden recipe boxes. Her products are high-quality and make great gifts. If you don’t see exactly what you need, send her a message. She works with hundreds of customers to create custom items.
[Disclaimer: There are a few affiliate links in this post. Thanks for your support!]
Are you using the free printable summer recipe cards?
I want to see them! Tag your images #RoseClearfield on Instagram or Twitter or post a photo to my Facebook page.