I’ve created a collection of 50+ free vintage dictionary page printables for all of your DIY and craft projects!
This huge collection of dictionary pages includes a full text page for every letter of the alphabet as well as more than two dozen pages that feature hand-drawn illustrations, complete with captions. You have all the dictionary pages you’ll ever need for all sorts of wall art, DIY projects, and craft activities.
The free vintage dictionary page printables are for personal use only. You may download and print them as many times as you like for DIY and craft projects, including classroom use. Please don’t share the download files. If family and friends are interested in their own old dictionary pages, send them directly to this post. Thanks!
How to use free vintage dictionary page printables
Most likely if you’re searching for old dictionary pages to print, you already have an idea for a dictionary craft or home decor project. If you need a little more inspiration, think about one or more of the following ideas.
- DIY wall art. One of the most popular ways to use vintage dictionary pages is to create unique wall art. You can overlay virtually any transparent background image onto a dictionary page to make your own wall decor.
- Glass or bottle cap magnets, using the same technique that I did for my sheet music glass magnets.
- Greeting cards. Dictionary pages create an ideal background for all sorts of homemade greeting cards. I love this dictionary page greeting card idea from Sum of Their Stories.
- Tile coasters, using the same technique that I did for my vintage sheet music botanical coasters. For coasters, vintage dictionary pages look great on their own or with images overlaid.
- Mixed media projects and art journals. Layer dictionary pages with paint, ink, stamps, and more to create art journal pages or mixed media art.
- Scrapbooking. Vintage dictionary pages create whimsical backgrounds for both physical and digital scrapbooks. Old dictionary pages are also perfect for DIY scrapbook embellishments.
A-Z free vintage dictionary page printables
I’ve created an old dictionary page printable for every letter of the alphabet. Well, almost every letter of the alphabet anyway because the vintage dictionary I used has one section for X, Y, and Z. You have a wealth of pages to choose from, offering endless possibilities for easy, fun DIY projects. Choose a specific letter to coordinate with a name, holiday, or special occasion. Or choose a specific letter for a particular word on that page.
To download the free vintage dictionary page for a specific letter, click on that letter. You can also download the entire set of A-Z free vintage dictionary page printables. Scroll past the individual download links for the full set links.
- Letter A: alter boy-ambusher. Includes the words alter ego, alto, aluminum, ambassador, ambidextrous, ambrosia, and ambulance.
- Letter B: barometric-bass. Includes the words baron, baroque, barrel, barter, baseball, basil, basilisk, and basketball.
- Letter C: confession-congress. Includes the words confidential, confirm, confuse, congenial, congratulate, and congregation.
- Letter D: degenerately-delphinium. Includes the words degree, diety, Delaware, deliberate, delightful, and deliver.
- Letter E: episcopacy-erase. Includes the words episode, epitaph, epithet, equal, equestrian, equinox, and equity.
- Letter F: fodder-footed. Includes the words fog, fold, folk, follow, fond, font, food, fool, foot.
- Letter G: girt-glimpse. Includes the words give, glacier, glass, glen, glide, and glimmer.
- Letter H: Hamilton-hanger. Includes the words Halmet, hammock, hand, handicraft, handkerchief, and hang.
- Letter I: ill-will-impassable. Includes the words imagination, imbibe, immaculate, immense, immortal, impact, and impartial.
- Letter J: jam-jeopardy. Includes the words jamboree, Japanese, javalin, jeep, jazz, and jellyfish.
- Letter K: kith-know-nothing. Includes the words kitten, kleptomania, knead, knick knack, knight, knitting, knot, and knowledge.
- Letter L: levee-licentiate. Includes the words leviathan, libation, liberal, library, and license.
- Letter M: measured-mega-. Includes the words measurement, mechanism, medieval, medical, Mediterranean, medium, and meet.
- Letter N: natural history-neck. Includes the words nature, nautical, navigation, navy, neat, Nebraska, and necessary.
- Letter O: oppositely-orderly. Includes the words optimism, optometry, orange, orangutan, orchestra, and orchid.
- Letter P: Potomac-prairie chicken. Includes the words pottery, pound cake, power, practical, and pragmatic.
- Letter Q: Quaker-quench. Includes the words quality, quarter, Quebec, and queen.
- Letter R: rind-riverside. Includes the words ring, rigorous, rise, risky, and river.
- Letter S: seasonal-security. Includes the words sea urchin, second, secret, secretary, and secular.
- Letter T: tin-pan alley-toaster. Includes the words tinsel, tiptoe, Titanic, titanium, title, and toast.
- Letter U: uninvolved-unmentionably. Includes the words unique, unite, universe, unleash, and unlock.
- Letter V: viva voce-voluble. Includes the words vivid, vocabulary, vocal, vocation, voice, volcano, and volleyball.
- Letter W: webbed-well-grounded. Includes the words weekend, welcome, well-balanced, and well-groomed.
- Letter XYZ: X-Y chromosome. Includes the words X-ray, xylophone, yacht, and yarn.
Again, the vintage dictionary I used for my free vintage dictionary page printables has a single section for XYZ. So I couldn’t create separate printables for the final three letters of the alphabet.
I’ve broken the full-text pages into two sets for easier extracting and downloading.
Download the complete set of full-text vintage dictionary pages here!
>> [A-Z Free Vintage Dictionary Page Printables – Part I] <<
>> [A-Z Free Vintage Dictionary Page Printables – Part II] <<
I explain how to extract and download the full set of files after the illustrated printables section!
Illustrated free vintage dictionary page printables
One of the best parts about old dictionaries is the hand-drawn illustrations. You simply don’t see this type of illustration anymore in dictionaries or elsewhere. At least every third or fourth page in a vintage dictionary includes a charming illustration for one of the words on the page, complete with a caption. I’ve created over two dozen vintage dictionary pages with whimsical, hand-drawn illustrations.
The illustrated vintage dictionary pages include, but aren’t limited to, the following illustrations:
- Pipe organ
- Gambrel roof
- Hansom cab
- Roulette wheel
- Suspension bridge
- Ferris wheel
- Flying buttress
What if I want to crop my dictionary pages to use the illustrations on their own? The high-resolution download versions of the illustrated dictionary pages below allow for easy, clean cropping of said images.
I’ve broken the pages with illustrations into two sets for easier extracting and downloading.
Download the complete set of vintage dictionary pages with illustrations here!
>> [Illustarted Free Vintage Dictionary Page Printables – Part I] <<
>> [Illustarted Free Vintage Dictionary Page Printables – Part II] <<
Keep reading to learn how to extract and download your dictionary pages!
Extracting and downloading the full ZIP folders
Please note that extracting and downloading the full sets of printables will take some time.
- When you click on the full set link, choose the Open with ZIP Extractor option at the top of the page.
- The folder will open in a new window. The files will download.
- When the files have downloaded, click Extract Now.
- Once the files are extracted and uploaded, click View Extracted Files.
- Double click on the folder.
- To download, select the files you’d like to download. Click the three horizontal dots More Actions button. Choose Download.
- Follow the prompts on the download screen.
- I highly recommend moving your downloaded files out of your downloads folder and into your main photos folder. Make sure to keep them in a folder labeled “Vintage Dictionary Pages” or something similar, so you can find them easily.
You’re now ready to turn your dictionary pages into wall art or print them for DIY and craft projects!
How to print vintage dictionary pages
When you use vintage dictionary page printables to create wall art, I highly recommend purchasing Finestra Art paper, which is what I used to print the above vintage dictionary pages. The acid-free, matte surface dries ink instantly, creating crisp, vibrant images. Regular printer paper, presentation paper, and card stock do work, but they don’t produce results that look as good. It’s worth spending a little more to create frame-worthy dictionary page art.
For all other DIY and craft projects, white card stock is perfect for printing vintage dictionary pages. When you’re incorporating dictionary elements into greeting cards, DIY scrapbook embellishments, or mixed media art, it’s not important that the pages look quite so vibrant. For magnets or tile coasters, you won’t be able to tell the difference under multiple coats of Mod Podge or diamond glaze. Depending on the specific project, you might even prefer a darker, less polished finish for a more vintage aesthetic.
I want to see your vintage dictionary page wall art and crafts!
Tag your images #RoseClearfield on Instagram or Twitter or post a photo to my Facebook page.
[Disclaimer: There are a few affiliate links in this post. Thanks for your support!]
Pin this post for easy access to the printables later!
More free vintage printables:
Visit the Free Printables section of the blog for lots more vintage printables, including sheet music, book pages, and postcards.
13 thoughts on “50 Free Vintage Dictionary Page Printables”
You are a blessing. Thank you so much. They are beautiful.
That means so much! I’m so glad that you like the printables.
Thanks so much for these! I did run into one problem, the link for A is actually another XYZ page. Anyway I can get the A? Thanks again for beautiful mages!
Thanks for reaching out! I’m so sorry about that. Here’s the link to the letter A page: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1diwDiFgrhedukjCA_rZh4p7KB0VMvtw9/view?usp=sharing
I’ve updated the post as well. Please let me know if you need anything else.
Thanks so much! These are adorabl ☺️
You’re very welcome! Enjoy!
Thank you for the sharing!!! I really like these dictionary pages.
Do you have “Run” ?
Thanks for reaching out! I just you an email with more details. Please let me know if you have any other questions.
Is there a way to pay you for some of the freebies so that I could make things to sell? (like a license fee) I’m interested in making necklaces with specific words from vintage dictionaries. Thanks!
Thanks for reaching out! Yes, absolutely! I just sent you an email with more details. Please let me know if you have any other questions. Thanks!
I love these, thank you so much! I’ve been looking for a place that I can purchase the heading pages for each letter, specifically F but later others for different projects. Do you know where I can find those? I’m also looking for a vintage dictionary page with the word “feminist” on it. 😉 Happy to pay for the digital downloads!
Thanks for the feedback and thanks for reaching out! I just sent you an email!