Free printable vintage roses postcards are ideal for art/junk journal pages and craft projects for the upcoming Valentine’s Day holiday. They’re perfect for a wealth of other DIY projects as well.
I’m releasing a set of eight free printable vintage roses postcards in time for Valentine’s Day. These floral illustrations couldn’t be more fitting for a romantic occasion. However, they’re so timeless and can be used for a vast array of DIY projects well beyond the Valentine’s Day holiday. I’ve edited out the original messages on the postcards (i.e., best wishes, happy birthday) to give them maximum versatility for all of your crafting needs.
How to use vintage roses postcards
I know that many of you have arrived at this post with ideas in mind already for your journals, scrapbooks, and craft projects. If you need a little more inspiration, think about one or more of the following ideas.
- DIY home decor. You can certainly display the postcards as is to create easy wall art. They’re also perfect for layering with quotes/sayings, additional illustrations, and much more to create one-of-a-kind home decor.
- Bottle cap or glass magnets, using the technique that I perfected for my sheet music glass magnets. You can see additional examples and more details about bottle cap magnets in my DIY Valentine’s Day dictionary page magnets tutorial.
- Pendants. Simply swap in jewelry bails to create pendant necklaces instead of magnets.
- Greeting cards. Of course, roses are a perfect background for Valentine’s Day cards. You can use them for lots of other types of greeting cards as well, including, but not limited to, birthday, thank you, sympathy, and Mother’s Day.
- Tile coasters, using the technique that I use for my vintage sheet music botanical coasters. Similar to home decor, I love the roses images overlaid with additional text and/or illustrations for coasters.
- Art/junk journals and mixed media art. I know that most of you don’t need to be told twice that vintage rose illustrations are ideal for journals and mixed media. You can layer them with vintage book pages, stamps, ink, paint, and more.
- Scrapbooking. Antique images create whimsical backgrounds and detail for both physical and digital scrapbooks. They’re also great for DIY scrapbook embellishments.
Don’t feel limited to the ideas in the above list. If you have other plans for your newly downloaded postcards, I’d love to hear about them!
About the vintage postcards
You may download and print the postcards and 8.5″ x 11″ ATC card and journal tags pages as many times as you like for personal use, which includes classroom use. You may use all of the images for limited runs (5,000 items or less) of physical items to sell. Physical items to sell DOES NOT include made to order sites, such as Society6 and CafePress.
You may also use the images for limited runs (5,000 items or less) of finished digital items to sell. You may not offer them for sale for buyers to alter digitally. The items you sell must consist of original content using the images. You may not sell the images themselves individually or as part of larger collections.
Finally, please don’t distribute the download files. If family, friends, or co-workers are interested in vintage roses postcards, ATC cards, or journal tags, please send them a link to this post, so they can download their own files. Thanks for your support!
Please note: All of the previews in this post are purely intended for preview purposes. They are fine for sharing on social media. They are not intended for printing. Use the download links to access the high-resolution versions that are sized properly for easy printing.
Free printable vintage roses postcards
Note: Unlike most of my vintage postcard collections, I’m only offering the vintage roses postcards in their original size (3.5″ x 5.5″) in PNG format. I know that the vast majority of readers arriving at this post are looking for roses postcards for crafting purposes, not framing purposes. If you’re interested in other sizes, please send me a message. I’m happy to provide additional versions.
[Vintage Roses Postcards – Set 1]
[Vintage Roses Postcards – Set 2]
As a little bonus, I’m also offering altered versions of the postcards in artist trading card (ATC) size and as journal tags. There are nine ATC size cards on a single 8.5″ x 11″ page.
[ATC Size – Altered Vintage Roses]
There are eight journal tags on a single 8.5″ x 11″ page.
[Journal Tags – Altered Vintage Roses]
I explain how to extract and download the ZIP folders in my vintage dictionary pages post. The link takes you right to the directions you need.
Are you using the postcard, ATC cards, and/or journal tags in your art/junk journals and DIY projects?
I want to see your journals and craft projects! Tag your images #RoseClearfield on Instagram or Twitter or post a photo to my Facebook page.
Pin this post for easy access to the vintage roses postcards later!
More free printable postcards:
I offer a wealth of additional vintage printables in the free printables section of the blog.