Free printable vintage Thanksgiving postcards are ideal for holiday home decor. They’re also perfect for scrapbooking, decoupage, and endless craft projects.
I’ve put together a set of 14 free printable vintage Thanksgiving postcards. The hand-drawn and hand-painted images on antique postcards are wonderful and unlike anything available today. Vintage postcards make quick, whimsical wall decor. You can also use them for numerous DIY projects, including but not limited to, art/junk journals, physical and digital scrapbooks, scrapbook embellishments, decoupage, greeting cards, magnets, gift tags, pendant necklaces, and tile coasters.
Printable vintage Thanksgiving postcard formats
I’m offering the printable postcards in the following formats.
- Original ratio (3.5″ x 5.5″). All of the Thanksgiving postcards are standard size, which is 3.5″ x 5.5.” Downloading the postcards in their original ratio gives you maximum creative control to crop and format them as you need for various wall decor and craft projects.
- 4×6. I’ve formatted all of the postcards in original size with 0.5″ white borders on all sides, so you can print them in 4×6 orientation. As virtually every printing service offerings a 4×6 printing size (and not a 3.5″ x 5.5″ size), I’ve found that this is the easiest way to format them for simple, inexpensive printing.
- 8×10. I’ve also formatted the postcards to 8×10 orientation, as I know that many people are searching for free Thanksgiving printables in 8×10 size to display in frames. Again, the 8×10 formats have white borders. I’ve found that this is the easiest way to maintain roughly the original ratio of the postcard and find a frame with or without a mat that will work well.
I have a comprehensive guide explaining the various download sizes I offer for my vintage postcards. It will help you select the best sizes for framing and DIY purposes. If you have any questions, don’t hesitate to ask!
Following the individual postcard downloads, I also have the following downloads available.
- A set of 8.5″ x 11″ pages with multiple original ratio postcards per page. For your convenience for craft projects, I’ve created a set of five 8.5″ x 11″ pages with two or three postcards on each page. These pages make it easy to print out all of the postcards at home or through your favorite printing service without printing every postcard individually.
- A set of ATC-size digital collage sheets. ATC-sized crops (2.5″ x 3.5″) are designed with artist trading cards in mind. They can also be used for a wide variety of craft projects where you’d like smaller, more detailed images, such as magnets, greeting cards, and pendant necklaces.
All of the postcard images, 8.5″ x 11″ pages, and ATC-size digital collage sheets are 300 dpi to ensure the best print quality possible.
Are you in need of additional postcard formats or digital collage sheets?
Please let me know! I’m happy to create exactly what you need for specific framing and DIY projects.
About the free printable vintage Thanksgiving postcards
You may download and print the vintage postcards, 8.5″ x 11″ pages, and digital collage sheets as many times as you like for personal use, which includes classroom use. You may use all of the images and collage sheets for limited runs (5,000 items or less) of physical items to sell. This DOES NOT include made to order sites, such as Society6 and CafePress.
You may also use the images and collage sheets for limited runs (5,000 items or less) of digital items to sell. You may not sell the images or sheets individually or as part of larger collections. The items you sell must be compromised of original content using the images.
Additionally, please don’t distribute the download files. If family, friends, or co-workers would like Thanksgiving postcards or collage sheets, please send them a link to this post, so they can download their own files. Thank you for your support!
Please note: The low-resolution previews in the post are solely intended for preview purposes. They are great for sharing on social media. They are not suitable for printing. Use the download links to access the high-resolution versions of the postcards and collage sheets.
Free printable vintage Thanksgiving postcards
This postcard features a large turkey on the left with red roses on the right and a “Thanksgiving greetings” message in red text at the top.
This postcard features large red and orange flowers on the left and a turkey on the right. There is a box in the middle with a “Thanksgiving greeting” message and a sprawling farm scene.
This postcard features a farm scene on the left and a turkey on the right. The turkey is standing on straw, surrounded by pumpkins and leaves. There is a “Thanksgiving greetings” message above the turkey.
This postcard features a turkey scene with the message “a peaceful Thanksgiving.” It has lovely embossed leaves and grape detail surrounding the turkey scene.
This postcard features a large turkey with corn, pumpkins, gourds, and fruit on the bottom and a rural church scene at the top. It has the message “Thanksgiving joys.”
This postcard features a large turkey at the top and a large bunch of grapes at the bottom with a small farm scene in the middle. It has the message “Thanksgiving joys” along the top.
This postcard features a turkey and a rural winter house scene with the message “Thanksgiving greetings” at the top.
This postcard features a country lane scene at the bottom, three turkeys in the middle, and the message “best Thanksgiving wishes” at the top.
This postcard features a scene with a little girl feeding two large turkeys. It has the message “best Thanksgiving” wishes along the bottom.
This postcard features a scene with a farmer and two cows pulling a wagon of pumpkins. The scene is surrounded by large fall leaves. The postcard has the message “a Thanksgiving wish” over the farm scene. In the bottom right-hand corner, there is the following message: “The valleys laugh and sing so may your glad heart echo the Thanksgiving day.”
This postcard features an Ellen Clapsaddle illustration of a large bunch of red grapes. Along the top of the postcard, the message reads “Best wishes for a happy Thanksgiving.” Next to the grapes, there is a second message: “Ripe fruits as well as leaves and flowers be yours this day.”
This postcard features rolling hills and farms surrounded by large flowers, pumpkins, and fruit. There is a turkey on the right side of the rolling hills and farms with the message “Thanksgiving greetings” under the turkey.
This postcard features a turkey on a pedestal with patriotic ribbons and embossed edging detail with the message “best wishes for a happy Thanksgiving.”
This postcard features a hunter and dog out looking for deer and wild game. They’re surrounded by yellow leaves. The postcard has a “Thanksgiving greetings” message.
Please note: The 8.5″ x 11″ pages and ATC digital collage sheets don’t have black borders. I added black borders to the preview images because it gets confusing having so much white space.
8.5″ x 11″ pages
Download the full set of original ratio postcards in a ZIP file containing five 8.5″ x 11″ pages with two or three postcards on each page.
ATC-Size Digital Collage Sheets
Download 8.5″ x 11″ pages containing ATC-size images from the Thanksgiving vintage postcards collection. Ideal for artist trading cards and craft projects!
I explain how to download and extract the ZIP folders in my vintage dictionary pages post. This link takes you right to the specific directions you need.
Are you displaying the Thanksgiving vintage postcards or using them for craft projects?
I want to see your wall decor and DIY projects! Tag your images #RoseClearfield on Instagram or Twitter or post a photo to my Facebook page.