Free printable vintage sheet music and sheet music digital collage sheets are ideal for a wide range of custom wall art pieces and other DIY projects.
I’ve created ten printable vintage sheet music pages and 12 vintage sheet music digital collage sheets for all of your DIY needs. I antiqued the sheet music from classical piano music scores and digitally cut each shape for the collage sheets. You won’t find anything else exactly like it online.
What can you make with printable vintage sheet music?
Most likely you’ve arrived at this post, searching for printable sheet music and collage sheets with a specific project in mind. If you’re in need of a few more ideas or simply looking for inspiration for future DIY endeavors, think about one or more of the following projects.
- Custom wall art. One of the most popular ways to use antiqued sheet music and old book pages is to create one-of-a-kind, whimsical wall art. Vintage sheet music is perfect for wall decor. It looks great on its own, and you can easily add text or overlay it with virtually any PNG or transparent background image.
- Glass or bottle cap magnets, using the technique I refined for my sheet music glass magnets. I have more examples of and details about bottle cap magnets in my Valentine’s Day dictionary page magnets tutorial.
- Pendant necklaces. I use the same basic technique that I use for glass and bottle cap magnets to transform glass cabochons and recycled bottle caps into sheet music pendant necklaces. Downloading digital collage sheets sized for cabochons and bottle caps makes this DIY jewelry project come together quickly and easily.
- Ornaments. I love using vintage sheet music to make ornaments for Christmas, Valentine’s Day, and much more. There are so many possibilities for fun, whimsical sheet music ornaments.
- Greeting cards. Old sheet music makes beautiful backgrounds for any number of handmade greeting card designs. You can also use it to add small decorative details, such as hearts, stars, and butterflies.
- Tile coasters, using the technique that I refined for my vintage sheet music botanical coasters. Sheet music looks gorgeous as is for coasters or can be overlayed with text and/or images.
- Art journals or mixed media projects. Vintage sheet music is an ideal element to layer with stamps, ink, paint, and more to create art/junk journal pages and mixed media art.
- Scrapbooking. Old sheet music makes unique backgrounds for both physical and digital scrapbooks. It’s also great for DIY scrapbook embellishments.
- Artist trading cards (ATCs). I specifically created a sheet music digital collage sheet sized for ATC cards. They look great as is and can also be overlaid with text and images.
Don’t feel limited to my DIY ideas! If you have other projects in mind for your printable vintage sheet music, I’d love to hear about them.
About the free printable vintage sheet music
I created the sheet music pages and digital collage sheets at 300 dpi to ensure the highest quality possible.
You may use the vintage sheet music pages and digital collage sheets for both personal and commercial use, as long as the items you’re selling are physical items, not digital items. You may download and print the pages and collage sheets as many times as you like. Please don’t distribute the download files. If family and friends are interested in their own pages and collage sheets, please direct them to this post, so they can download the files themselves. Thank you!
I’ve created three versions of the full vintage sheet music pages, which are as follows.
- Original ratio. The original ratio pages are exactly as I scanned and edited them. They give you the most creative control for cropping and formatting the music exactly as you like for wall art and various DIY projects.
- 8×10. For custom wall art, 8×10 is by far the most popular size. You can print these pages as is for 8×10 frame openings or customize them first with overlaid text and images.
- 8×10 with white borders. Depending on your frames and the aesthetic you’re trying to achieve, you may prefer your sheet music with white borders added.
Each set of full-page sheet music contains 10 pages.
[ORIGINAL RATIO Vintage Sheet Music – Full Pages Set]
[8×10 Vintage Sheet Music – Full Pages Set]
[8×10 WITH BORDERS Vintage Sheet Music – Full Pages Set]
I explain how to extract and download the ZIP folders in my vintage dictionary pages post. This link takes you right to the directions you need.
Digital collage sheets
Digital collage sheets are ideal for any DIY project where you need multiple cut-outs in a specific size. You can use them to make pendant necklaces, magnets, wooden blocks, ornaments, pins, and much more. There are endless possibilities for unique craft projects.
Please note: The preview images in this post are intended as exactly that: previews. They are great for sharing on social media but not for downloading and printing. Please use the download links for the full-size, high-resolution digital collage sheets.
I create all of the circles 0.05″ larger than the advertised size, as I find creating them slightly above the size I need makes it much easier to get accurate paper punches with no white space. If this sizing doesn’t work for you, let me know, and I can create precise 1″, 1.5″, or 2″ circles. All other sizing is exactly as advertised.
1″ (25mm) circles
One 8.5″ x 11″ page with 30 1″ (25mm) circles.
[1-INCH CIRCLES – Vintage Sheet Music Digital Collage Sheet]
1.5″ (38mm) circles
One 8x.5″ x 11″ page with 12 1.5″ (38mm) circles.
[1.5-INCH CIRCLES – Vintage Sheet Music Digital Collage Sheet]
2″ (51mm) circles
One 8.5″ x 11″ page with six 2″ (51mm) circles.
[2-INCH CIRCLES – Vintage Sheet Music Digital Collage Sheet]
Scrabble tiles – 0.75″ (19mm) squares
One 8.5″ x 11″ page with 42 0.75″ (19mm) squares.
[SCRABBLE TILE SQUARES – Vintage Sheet Music Digital Collage Sheet]
1″ (25mm) squares
One 8.5″ x 11″ page with 30 1″ (25mm) squares.
[1-INCH SQUARES – Vintage Sheet Music Digital Collage Sheet]
2″ (51mm) squares
One 8.5″ x 11″ page with six 2″ (51mm) squares.
[2-INCH SQUARES – Vintage Sheet Music Digital Collage Sheet]
1″ (25mm) x 2″ (51mm) domino tiles
One 8.5″ x 11″ page with 15 1″ (25mm) x 2″ (51mm) dominos.
[DOMINOS – Vintage Sheet Music Digital Collage Sheet]
2″ (51mm) x 1″ (25mm) rectangles
One 8.5″ x 11″ page with 15 2″ (51mm) x 1″ (25mm) rectangles.
[2×1-INCH RECTANGLES – Vintage Sheet Music Digital Collage Sheet]
3″ (76mm) x 2″ (51mm) rectangles
One 8.5″ x 11″ page with six 3″ (76mm) x 2″ (51mm) rectangles.
[3×2-INCH RECTANGLES – Vintage Sheet Music Digital Collage Sheet]
2.5″ (64mm) x 3.5″ (89mm) rectangles (ATC size)
One 8.5″ x 11″ page with four 2.5″ (64mm) x 3.5″ (89mm) ATC-size rectangles.
[ATC-SIZE RECTANGLES – Vintage Sheet Music Digital Collage Sheet]
0.5″ (13mm) x 0.7″ (18mm) ovals (cameo size)
One 8.5″ x 11″ page with 48 0.5″ (13mm) x 0.7″ (18mm) cameo-size ovals.
[CAMEO-SIZE OVALS – Vintage Sheet Music Digital Collage Sheet]
1.18″ (30mm) x 1.57″ (40mm) ovals
One 8.5″ x 11″ page with 16 1.18″ (30mm) x 1.57″ (40mm) rectangles.
[30x40MM OVALS – Vintage Sheet Music Digital Collage Sheet]
Are you looking for digital collage sheets with different sizes or shapes?
If you don’t see exactly what you’re looking for here, please let me know! I’m happy to create vintage sheet music digital collage sheets to fit your specific DIY project.
Tips for printing the vintage sheet music
My personal favorite paper for printing sheet music to make wall decor is Finestra Art paper, which is what I used to print the vintage sheet music featured above. Finestra Art Paper has a matte, acid-free surface, which dries ink immediately to create crisp, vivid prints. Regular printer paper, card stock, and presentation paper do work. However, the results aren’t quite as nice. It’s worth spending a little more to get high-quality paper that will produce beautiful, professional results.
For all other DIY and craft projects, I print my sheet music on white card stock. When you’re using sheet music pages for scrapbook embellishments, greeting cards, and mixed media art, it’s not important that the quality is quite so vivid and crisp. For tile coasters, magnets, and pendant necklaces, you won’t be able to tell the difference under several coats of diamond glaze or Mod Podge. Depending on the aesthetic you want to achieve for a specific project, you may even prefer a darker, rougher look.
When you print sheet music pages and digital collage sheets with an ink-jet printer and then use them for projects that involve coating them in Mod Podge or diamond glaze (i.e., magnets, coasters), give the paper a couple of coats of acrylic spray before you start working. Acrylic spray prevents the ink from running. You don’t need to coat laser-printed pages.
[Disclaimer: There are a few affiliate links in this post. Thanks for your support!]
How are you using the free printable vintage sheet music?
I want to see your wall art and DIY projects! Tag your images #RoseClearfield on Instagram or Twitter or post a photo to my Facebook page.
1 thought on “Free Printable Vintage Sheet Music [With Digital Collage Sheets]”
These are lovely! Thank you.